Dentist Near Me Southgate Michigan
Creating Healthy Beautiful Smiles in Southgate, MI.
At My Allen Park Dentist, Southgate Michigan, we offer a number of world-class dental services that cater to the dental needs of individuals from all spheres of life. If you are not sure about the kind of dental service that will be perfect for you, read further to get the details of the different services we offer.
Natural teeth are ideal for biting, chewing, and maintaining mouth and jawbone structure, which is why a dentist’s first priority is to help restore, save, and repair your natural teeth. However, sometimes a tooth extraction is unavoidable.
The dentists at My Southgate Dentist will make sure you’re comfortable before, during, and after your extraction procedure. This includes walking you through every step of the tooth extraction, as well as the use of local anesthetics.
Feeling uneasy about your tooth extraction? Be sure to talk to your dentist about how you’re feeling so that they can help. In addition, here are helpful tips on overcoming dental anxiety.
Treating Gum Disease
Your gum disease treatment will depend on several factors, including your personal health history and the stage of your gum disease. This page covers:
- Professional Cleaning
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Periodontal Surgery
- Keeping your teeth and gums healthy after treatment
Oral Surgery & Maxillofacial Surgery
Some dental procedures require a very specific set of dental skills and fall into a branch of dentistry called oral surgery. Oral surgery treats a wide range of diseases and conditions, including:
- Tooth loss
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental Implants
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Unequal jaw growth (malocclusion)
- Jaw/mouth/teeth injury
- Cleft lip and cleft palate repair
- Extraction of teeth
- Treatment of endodontic diseases
- Esthetic aspects of the oral and maxillofacial regions
- Adjunctive treatments
Your comfort comes first
At My Southgate Dentist, we do our best to ensure your comfort during your oral surgery procedure, including the use of numbing agents. Sedation may also be available.
Talk with your oral surgeon about pain management options for your upcoming oral surgery. As with any dental procedure, tell your dentist or oral surgeon if you are feeling any pain during your procedure so it can be relieved.
Tooth Fillings & Dental Filling Procedures
Most people need at least one tooth filling in their lifetime. Dental filling procedures are most commonly used to treat cavities, but they’re also used to repair cracked or broken teeth, or teeth that have been worn down over time.
Most dental filling procedures feature the following:
- Topical anesthetic to numb the area of treatment
- Decay removal from the affected teeth
- Tooth restoration using a composite or amalgam filling
- Bite check to make sure your teeth align comfortably
The team at My Southgate Dentist will ensure you are comfortable before, during, and after your procedure, and will happily answer any questions you may have. In addition, here are useful tips for overcoming dental anxiety.
Why Do I Need a Crown?
A crown is a cover or “cap” your dentist can put over a tooth. The crown restores the tooth to its normal shape, size, and function. A crown can make the tooth stronger or improve the way it looks.
Reasons you may need a crown:
- You have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- You have a tooth that is cracked, worn down, or otherwise weakened
- You have had root canal treatment — the crown will protect the restored tooth
- You want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile